Are you having a St Patrick’s day party? Or do you just fancy making something super tasty that both adults and children alike will love?!
Then this is the recipe for you! It’s a great one for getting children trying something new in an exciting way and when food is fun it tastes even better!
Yields: 3 cups of dip and 12 chips
INGREDIENTS FOR SHAMROCK CHIPS
Spinach tortillas (I used the Aldis brand)
Non-stick coating spray
Coarse salt or sea salt
Shamrock cookie cutter
INGREDIENTS FOR DIP
9 oz. frozen chopped spinach – thawed and drained
17.6 oz container plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage brand)
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
1 envelope Knorr vegetable recipe mix
3 Tablespoons chopped chives
2 garlic cloves – peeled and minced
Dash cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS FOR SHAMROCK CHIPS
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the shamrock cookie cutter on top of the spinach tortilla and cut out 3-4 shamrocks per tortilla for 12 total.
3. Place the spinach shamrocks on the baking pan and lightly spray with the non-coated vegetable spray. Sprinkle sea salt on top of each shamrock.
4. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until they just start to turn brown on the edges.
5. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE DIP
2. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
3. Garnish with parsley sprigs or chopped chives and serve with shamrock chips and/or baby carrots.